Of the 14,603 students, whose name was featured in the online provisional common merit list released by the UT education department on their website, only 40 applied for changes in the forms filled by them on Wednesday.
Giving details, district education officer, Chandigarh, said, “In a first for the UT education department, the online system of form filling has been fairly successful. The number of grievances has come down.”
- FIRST COUNSELLING
- Display of school and stream allotment list: June 30
- Dates for depositing fee: July 2 to 3
- Classes to begin: July 4
- SECOND COUNSELLING
- Second round of counselling: July 16 to 17
- Display of school and stream allotment list: July 23
- Dates for depositing fee: July 24 to 25
- THIRD COUNSELLING
- Third round of counselling: August 13 to 14
- Display of school and stream allotment list: August 23
- Dates for depositing fee: August 24 to 25
The provisional common merit list is a tentative merit list, which contains the details of students such as their names, form numbers and marks. The list, which was released on Tuesday, contained details of students who had applied for Class 11 admissions at 40 government schools in Chandigarh.
Students were asked to apply for changes in their particulars, if any, on Wednesday. The department had allocated two schools — Government Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 35, and Government Girls Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 18, for the purpose.
An official on duty, requesting anonymity, said, “Only a few students approached us for minor changes such as change in category or spellings of their names.”