To develop the habit of reading, you should try to read every day. When choosing your reading material, try to pick content that will help you grow as a small business owner.
To kick start your reading habit, check out these 20 business articles that provide helpful tips for business owners.
- 1 The Top 20 Business Articles:
- 1.1 1. Mark Cuban Says These are The Dumbest Things Entrepreneurs Do, Entrepreneur
- 1.2 2. How Do Small Business Loans Work? The Fora Financial Blog
- 1.3 3. What Makes a Leader? Harvard Business Review
- 1.4 4. Why You Hate Work, New York Times
- 1.5 5. 50 Signs You Might Be an Entrepreneur, Entrepreneur.com
- 1.6 6. How to Become a Millionaire by 30, Entrepreneur.com
- 1.7 7. Why Google Doesn’t Care About College Degrees, VentureBeat.com
- 1.8 8. 7 Rejections, Medium.com
- 1.9 9. My Advice to First-Time Entrepreneurs, Medium.com
- 1.10 10. The Best Startup Advice You’ll Ever Receive, ProductHunt.com
- 1.11 11. How to Write A Business Proposal in Six Steps, FitSmallBusiness.com
- 1.12 12. 12 Small Business Startup Costs You Should Expect, The Fora Financial Blog
- 1.13 13. How Different Industries Can Use a Small Business Loan, The Fora Financial Blog
- 1.14 14. 3 Ways Customer Surveys Can Improve Your Business, Hatchbuck.com
- 1.15 15. The Best Payment Processing Software for SMBs, Hatchbuck.com
- 1.16 16. How to Do Keyword Research For Content That Generates Leads, Duct Tape Marketing
- 1.17 27. Why Should Anyone Be Led by You? Harvard Business Review
- 1.18 18. The Psychological Price of Entrepreneurship, Forbes.com
- 1.19 19. How to Hire The Right Person, NYTimes.com
- 1.20 20. What to Do if Your Business Loan Application Was Declined, The Fora Financial Blog
- 2 Conclusion
The Top 20 Business Articles:
1. Mark Cuban Says These are The Dumbest Things Entrepreneurs Do, Entrepreneur
Most likely, you’ve watched Mark Cuban on Shark Tank, or know of his various business ventures. Therefore, it’s clear that he knows a thing or two about running a businesses. In this article, Cuban implores new entrepreneurs not to fall into three, easy-to-miss traps.
2. How Do Small Business Loans Work? The Fora Financial Blog
If you’re interested in pursuing additional financing for you business, it’s crucial to understand how the small business loan process works. In this comprehensive guide, we explain how to apply, qualify for, and repay a business loan. By doing this correctly, you can receive the financing that your business requires!
3. What Makes a Leader? Harvard Business Review
Business owners have to wear many hats, and most importantly, they have to be strong leaders. In this article, Harvard Business Review discusses what a leader looks like, and how you can improve your leadership skills.
4. Why You Hate Work, New York Times
Just 13 percent of workers worldwide report feeling fulfilled at work, so it’s no wonder so many people hate their jobs. As a business owner, you need to cultivate an environment that gives employees what they need to be fulfilled — this article provides a roadmap.
5. 50 Signs You Might Be an Entrepreneur, Entrepreneur.com
Are you struggling to find a career that you’re passionate about? Or, maybe you don’t enjoy working for yourself and would rather work independently. If so, you might be the type of person that would excel as an entrepreneur. Check out the 50 signs that reveal your entrepreneurial tendencies.
6. How to Become a Millionaire by 30, Entrepreneur.com
Entrepreneurship isn’t just about making money; one of the most notable reasons is that many people want to work for themselves. In this article, Grant Cardone reveals his ten steps on his path to becoming a millionaire.
7. Why Google Doesn’t Care About College Degrees, VentureBeat.com
Look no further than Google for validation that you don’t need a college degree to start a business. This article reviews five reasons executives at Google don’t care about college degrees in their hiring process.
8. 7 Rejections, Medium.com
Airbnb’s CEO Brian Chesky received five rejection letters from potential investors and was ignored by the other two he wrote to. This article reviews the seven rejections Chesky received as he sought funding for his company that changed the travel industry.
9. My Advice to First-Time Entrepreneurs, Medium.com
In his Medium.com article, Gary Vaynerchuk highlights his top three pieces of advice for first-time entrepreneurs.
10. The Best Startup Advice You’ll Ever Receive, ProductHunt.com
This article packs a punch, delivering the best startup advice from some of the country’s best founders.
11. How to Write A Business Proposal in Six Steps, FitSmallBusiness.com
First-time entrepreneurs have a lot of challenges to overcome and writing a business proposal is one of them. Take the guesswork out of honing your business ideas with this six-step process.
12. 12 Small Business Startup Costs You Should Expect, The Fora Financial Blog
Not every expense you face will be predictable. Control what you can by preparing for the startup costs you should expect as a startup owner.
13. How Different Industries Can Use a Small Business Loan, The Fora Financial Blog
This guide provides growth ideas for nearly every industry imaginable. From florists to restaurant owners to construction firms, we provide ideas on how different industries can utilize a business loan.
14. 3 Ways Customer Surveys Can Improve Your Business, Hatchbuck.com
If you want to keep your customer base happy, you’ll need to ask for feedback and put it into practice. This Hatchbuck article offers three ways to use customer surveys to dig deeper and determine how to improve your business’s products and services.
15. The Best Payment Processing Software for SMBs, Hatchbuck.com
Everything seems to be moving online these days, and so should your payment processing system. Read this article to ensure your business is utilizing the best payment software.
16. How to Do Keyword Research For Content That Generates Leads, Duct Tape Marketing
Keywords are powerful tools that help capture valuable, organic traffic for your company website. Knowing how to search for the right keyword is critical and this article tells you how.
27. Why Should Anyone Be Led by You? Harvard Business Review
Before starting and growing a company, this article argues that you need to ask yourself, “why should anyone be led by me?” Answering this question gives you insight into who you are as a leader and future owner.
18. The Psychological Price of Entrepreneurship, Forbes.com
Although there’s potential for riches and complete freedom, there’s also a price you pay as an entrepreneur. This article explores the psychological downsides of pursuing entrepreneurship full time.
19. How to Hire The Right Person, NYTimes.com
Hiring the right people is crucial to a business’s success. As the title implies, this piece explains how to recruit people that will help your business grow and flourish.
20. What to Do if Your Business Loan Application Was Declined, The Fora Financial Blog
Cashflow is the lifeblood of your business, so when your loan application gets denied, it can be overwhelming. In this post, we review the steps you should take to get approved in the future.
More than ever, the world of business is always changing, especially since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Ironically, reading is one of your most effective tools to keep up with these changing times. If you’d like to continue expanding your business knowledge, sign up for our business newsletter below!